Our restoration work has won accolades with many trophy wins over the years.We have also had magazine featured cars and we feel that the quality of our builds speak for themselves. We are always happy to talk to prospective clients about their requirements.
- Bespoke build to your specification of any car we have in stock, from standard to cal look we can build it!
- Bodywork from minor repairs to full re sprays, our bodyshop technicians can work from smaller rolling repair budgets through to top end concours builds.
- We can restore your own Karmann to either a daily driver or full concours car.
Our Body and Paint shop facilities are second to none, with a full down draft paint booth and prep bay. Our paint and body technicians come with a wealth of experience at the highest level having worked on Cars through from McLaren, Aston Martin, Porsche, to name but a few.
Our process involves around 240 man hours of body preparation per car prior to painting and only the highest quality materials are used in our builds.
We can offer
- Bodywork from minor repairs to full re sprays, our bodyshop technicians can work from smaller rolling repair budgets through to top end concours resprays.
- Standard paint work through to wild custom refinishing.
The fabrication process starts the same way for each and every restoration.
The car is stripped and blasted before any fabrication work commences. Our skilled fabricators who have worked on such prestigious marques such as Aston Martin, Jaguar, Porsche through to the earliest cars ever built such as Panhard horseless carriages. One of our fabricators is even responsible for fabrication on many of the WW2 fighters flying out of Duxford. Our fabricators are highly skilled and use traditional methods such as the English wheel, Shrinker stretchers and Ginny wheels to make the panels necessary to authentically restore your car.
We finish our customers cars to the very highest standard possible with attention to detail at every level. Pete the founder of the business says “on a build the devil is in the detail!” We pride ourselves in attaining the very finest finish for our customers.
We are firm believers in quality over quantity, which is why, to ensure each car receives the same attention to detail, we limit the number of cars going through our process at any given time. This ensures our high standards are always maintained.
- Full interior retrims, stock trims in vinyl or leather through to full custom interiors available. Our craftsmen have worked on many prestigious show winning cars fitting carpets and headliners.
- Bespoke leather seats made to customer requirements or re padding and re trimming of stock seats for the concours car.
- Rechroming of parts and supply of quality used and new bright ware to finish off your pride and joy along with supply of new polished stainless steel bumpers, never having to deal with corrosion again!
- Powder coating of all parts, tinware, beams, ancillary items, we can arrange it all!
Servicing and rates for all mechanical work
General workshop rate is £60 +VAT (£72.00) per hour with a minimum 1hr charge.
Out of hours (after 530 pm) and call out charge is £70 +VAT (£84.00) per hour with a minimum 1 hour charge. Contact us for more details.
We are also an approved supplier and installer of trackers . A device that is controlled via an app which can monitor the location of your car but can also activate disablement of your car should this become necessary. Please contact us for more details about this service.
Terms of payment
All invoices and bills must be settled with cleared funds before a vehicle or parts are removed from our premises. Our pricing structure is clear and is non negotiable. All part hours are charged to the nearest quarter hour.
Title of all goods used remain the property of Californian Classics Ltd until payment is made in full.
We accept the following payment methods:
- All major Credit and Debit cards
- BACS payment – details provided upon request
- Any payments by cheque must be cleared prior to collection.